Call for Project Proposals in Translational Research in Healthcare
Technology Innovation Hub for Data Banks, Data Services and Data Analytics (IHub-Data) established at International Institute of Information Technology Hyderabad (IIIT-H) under the National Mission on Interdisciplinary Cyber-Physical Systems (NM-ICPS) scheme.
IHub-Data is seeking proposals for translational research projects in the field of Healthcare - Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML) and biomedical devices. The goal of this call is to support the development of innovative technologies that have the potential to make a significant impact on the healthcare sector.
The broad problem areas of interset include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Early Screening and Diagnosis
- Drug Discovery and Development
- Remote Monitoring of Health and Wellbeing
- Staging and Treatment of Diseases
- Multimodal Health data and fusion
- Biomedical Devices and Wearables
- Predictive and Personalized Healthcare
- Neuro and Mental Health
- Communicable and non-communicable diseases (CDs and NCDs)
- Medical imaging Analysis
- Evidence-based / Data-driven Clinical Decision Support systems
The proposal should focus on research and development in translational technology while considering the commercialization factors for the problem areas mentioned above. We are specifically interested in projects that fall within the technology readiness levels (TRL) range from TRL3 to TRL7 (For explanation of TRLs, please see, for example, https://www.twi-global.com/technical-knowledge/faqs/technology-readiness-levels ).
TRLs are on a standardized scale that is widely used to assess the maturity of a technology. It ranges from TRL 1, which is basic research, to TRL 9, which is the commercialization of technology. The TRL3 to TRL5 represent the research stage, where the proof of concept of the technology and its feasibility are evaluated. TRL6 to TRL7 represent the development stage, where the technology is validated and matured through prototypes, and testing in the environment.
We encourage PI from more than one institute (ideally with clinical partners) to come together and submit proposals.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- To get funding support for translatable research work
- To develop your lab prototype into a possible Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
- To see the impact of your research reaching the market
- To spin off a startup from the outcomes of your translational research
- To have access to our Healthcare and AI academic experts, incubation, and innovation ecosystem at IIIT-H
- Research teams for solving real-world problems in healthcare translational research
DURATION, FUNDING, AND SUBMISSION DATE
IHub-Data seeks proposals from you, gets them reviewed by an expert team, and invites shortlisted teams to present their ideas to our expert team before selecting for funding.
- Project duration: 1 year
- Funding limits: 10 to 15 lakhs
- Application deadline: Deadline for receiving applications has been closed.
- Translational Research (TRL 3 to TRL 7) leading to a system prototype
- Developed prototypes or products must be quickly deployable in the healthcare domain
- Prototypes and products are a priority, publications may be incidental outcome
- Working model, hardware/clean source code, and complete documentation
The key activity to be conducted as part of this CFP must be on Translational Research. It is expected that at the close of the project, well-documented design, methods, results, and well-documented clean code is submitted to I-Hub. In case of any hardware device development, complete list of components used, and their connectivity should be clearly mentioned for the reproducibility of the products. IHub-funding should be mentioned appropriately in demos and publications. On successful completion at the end of one year, few promising projects could be considered for additional funding over another year.
The detailed project proposal should clearly outline the following in sections such as problem, solution, data, impact, the potential for commercialization, resources, timelines, budget, and biodata of PIs in the online form. PIs should be ready to demonstrate the lab prototype in their presentation if shortlisted for presentation.
Research Proposal Template
Call for Proposal Healthcare : Click Here to Download
Endorsement letter from the Head of the institution: Click Here